Golden Triangle Radio Control Club Home Page Golden Triangle Radio Control Club Home PageGolden Triangle Radio Control Club
Jim Fulton Field - Grand Prairie, Texas
Charter #610 - Since 1962

GTRCC HOMEMessage ForumPicture Gallery
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SPA/CPA pattern contest coming soon
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:07 pm 

I want to inform everyone that we will be hosting a Pattern Contest on June 22nd and 23rd. I hope we all want this to be a contest that will be remembered be everyone in the area. We are expecting entrants from Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Missouri.

I really hope that everyone will help out and show these other clubs that we have a great membership. Not just in numbers, but in loyal contributing club members.

We will be having a new type of contest. It's a combination Senior Pattern and Classic Pattern. :P
The Senior Pattern (SPA) are pattern planes from the 60s and 70s. No retracts or tuned pipes are allowed. Classic Pattern (CPA) are aircraft of the 60s, 70, and 80s. And yes, retracts and tuned pipes are allowed. :o Both types of planes are the sleek and fast planes of yesterday.

We will be having food, drinks, prizes, raffles and plenty of entertainment.

The field will be closed to open flying on this weekend. :( So if you can't fly, come on out and meet the pattern guys and have some fun.

We will really need some workers, but I use that term loosely. It's not much work to watch a plane and judge how well the maneuvers and score them. Not much different than sitting in a lawn chair in the backyard sipping a Iced tea. Just add watching some beautifully sleek pattern planes doing their thing and some free food. And on top of all that, have a chance to take home an RC plane.

So how many club members can I count on to help out?

Frank Cox
Contest Director AMA # 5810
Club Safety Officer Image Image

It's a hobby, not a job!!

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SPA/CPA pattern contest coming soon
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:35 pm 

Frank, I will try to be available.
Ken Spears

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:42 am 
Site Admin

I added to our Area Event Calendar.
If you have a flyer or something, I will add it to GTRCC Events page.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:03 am 

I'm kinda working by myself right now. Haven't had time to put together a flyer as yet, but will.

Frank

PS Thanks Ken, I can use all the help I can get. You'll be much appreciated.

Report this post
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm 

Here it is a flyer for the Grand Prairie RC Aerobatic Convention hosted by Golden Triangle RC Club of Grand Prairie, Texas. The entry fee will most likely be $20.00 which will include the price of the Saturday lunch and one raffle ticket. The price may or may not change, depends on what the Club membership decides.

We will not be flying Pre-Novice as most CDs have elected not to.. However, that could change depending on the numbers I get in pre registration. But based on recent history of participants, 20 competitors just doesn't justify having pre-novice.

All aircraft will be accepted as long as maximum engine size is .65 for 2 stroke and 1.20 for 4 stroke. I hope I don't see any 2 meter planes, we want to keep this fair for everyone and not have any hard feelings. Remember, this is supposed to be fun.

There will be an air show during the Saturday Lunch. So if you have an interesting plane, bring it and fly it for all of us to see.

There are plenty of Motels and resturants in the area of less than 10 minute drive time.

We have a beautiful field with a petromat run way, PortoPotties for your convenience (and mine). There is a large parking area with enough room for RVs, campers and popups.

The field will be open Friday for practice flying. And we will be shutting down at noon on Sunday so that everyone can have a liesurely drive home.

We have 3 rules: No alcohol, have fun and be safe.

Attachments:
gtrcflyer.pdf [193.3 KiB]
Downloaded 485 times

Report this post
 Profile E-mail